Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Masoor Dal Baked Potato


Oh yes, this happened. I did put my masoor dal on a baked potato. Too bad I didn't have any cilantro on hand.

Not that this is so far a leap; dals are general eaten on rice or with roti, so this is just another starch--another good canvas for dal to act on.

How do you feel about mixing foods and cuisines? I clearly am pretty loose with my pairings, as in the background of this photo is a blanched green bean with a Chinese sauce. This is where innovation comes from, heheh.

Speaking of mixing it up, this article is a good one if you're looking for inspiration in changing your cooking routine. Different cuisines do have general flavor profiles associated with them. If you look at their foods and recipes more broadly, you can discern flavor combinations that work well, that have been developed over time in their different regions.

Up next, a large photo post of some things I made with the masses of squash I got from my CSA.

0 comments:

Post a Comment