Saturday, October 20, 2012

Brown Rice Tea


I recently wrote briefly about toasting brown rice for use in genmaicha, which is a tea of toasted brown rice mixed with green tea. Well, I like to steep just the toasted brown rice by itself, as well; it's like barley tea...but with brown rice instead. I don't add sugar or anything--just straight up toasted brown rice. It makes the water feel smoother and imparts a subtle sweet flavor to the water.

I'm very sensitive to caffeine, and don't need it to get up in the morning, so I don't drink much caffeinated drinks. When I want a warm drink, I have a fair amount of just warm-hot water or herbal or decaffeinated teas. But sometimes I want something with a hint of flavor, but not so much as a tea, and this fills in that niche perfectly. Give it a shot!

0 comments:

Post a Comment