Friday, May 2, 2014

What The Fagor!


Ugh, a little plastic component of my Fagor 3 in 1 Multicooker has already broken! It's not even a moving part, but the frame into which the removable steam cap inserts. I don't know how this could have happened, except if the steam coming through the metal tube somehow degraded the plastic outside it, or if the physical resistance the frame provided against the twist motion to serve as a locking mechanism worked to break the frame--both would indicate design flaws.

Clearly one instance doesn't make a trend, but take my one data point into account if you're looking to buy. It's still well within the 1-year warranty period, so we'll see what Fagor says... And if they don't pay for shipping it back to them, then I don't know that it'd be worth it, because I could probably just superglue the part back on. Annoying!

0 comments:

Post a Comment